Lead Maintenance Controller positions are available in Columbus, OH. This is a key position located in the Operation Control Center Tactical Desk and is responsible to safely manage the daily maintenance requirements of the fleet. The Maintenance Controller Lead will provide direct communications for maintenance related events - involving all necessary internal and external subject matter experts - to provide the Operations Control Center (OCC) with timely solutions.
Jet Select (Columbus, OH) is an affiliated operating partner of Vista in the US - the largest charter group in private aviation and the world’s first private aviation ecosystem, integrating a unique portfolio of companies offering asset-light solutions to cover all key aspects of business aviation. The ultimate private aviation platform offering jet charter, jet management and jet sales, alongside pilot training, maintenance, and repair services.
Vista has a global reach with operational hubs across the globe and an expert workforce of over 4,000 aviation professionals. Vista's fast-paced growth and its relationship with the best partner operators open the door to lifelong career opportunities across the group - to create the best service in business aviation, in every region in the world.
- Safely managing daily maintenance requirements of the fleet in a timely manner.
- Directing communications and assignment of specific maintenance events to the appropriate internal subject matter experts for timely solution to the event.
- Coordinating w/ OCC, Customer Service, MX Vendors, FBOs and Flight crews on maintenance events.
- Convey high level of technical support to flight crews and MX vendors.
- Applying and managing fleet MELs.
- Building, scheduling, and releasing fleet MX work orders.
- Accurate and timely conveyance of information with MX computer programs
- Accurate and timely conveyance of information to Operations for AOG and delayed aircraft, and coordinating the “best” maintenance team response to prioritize and manage maintenance events.
- Issuance of Special Flight Permits under the direction of the DOM.
- Ensure Fleet MX is monitored and tasks are completed in a timely manner, not to exceed governing time limitations of the approved aircraft inspection program.
- Work harmoniously w/ DOM, Chief Pilots, Managers, Pilots, MX Vendors, and teammates, as well outside OEMs and auditors.
- Providing shift turnovers and reports of sufficient detail to ensure open issues receive appropriate attention and follow through.
Required Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- Self-starter who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Strong collaboration skills, working with others to resolve maintenance issues
- Able to quickly identify available resources to accelerate problem resolution.
- Strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills desirable
- Detail-oriented, with excellent organizational and task management skills
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office, typing skills are an advantage
- Experience with CAMP, AVTRAK, CMP, JETDOCS, Corridor, EBIS, TRAXXALL or other maintenance specific applications is highly desirable
- Must be a clear and concise verbal and written communicator
- Must be able to work weekends and second or third shift as well as occasional overtime
- Must be able travel for training or other company requirements
- Must be insurable under company insurance requirements
- Must have A&P certificate
- High School Diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years aircraft maintenance control, maintenance supervisor, crew chief, avionics lead or equivalent
- At least 5 years corporate aircraft or regional airline maintenance experience. Specific experience on Citation X, Challenger 300/350, Challenger CL 605, CRJ, Gulfstream, and/or Global 5000 highly desirable
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- 401k program with company matching and no vesting period.
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance and Long/Short term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career progression
We are committed to developing and training members of our team at every stage of their career. Although our standards are high, we’ll help you reach them.
The affiliated operating partners of Vista are equal employment opportunity employers. The affiliated operating partners of Vista do not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. The affiliated operating partners of Vista also prohibit harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.