Aviation Duty Manager position available in Columbus, OH. The Duty Manager is at the center of the daily operation, coordinating efforts between all operational support departments to conduct the fleet’s operation effectively, efficiently, and safely.
Jet Edge is an affiliated operating partner of Vista in the US - the largest charter group in private aviation and the world’s first private aviation ecosystem, integrating a unique portfolio of companies offering asset-light solutions to cover all key aspects of business aviation.
Vista has a global reach with operational hubs across the globe and an expert workforce of over 4,000 aviation professionals. Vista's fast-paced growth and its relationship with the best partner operators open the door to lifelong career opportunities across the group - to create the best service in business aviation, in every region in the world.
- Ensure Operator’s activities are conducted according to the provisions of international and national regulations.
- General oversight of OCC, the tactical desk, as well as Maintenance Operations, Travel, and other Vista Flight Support functions on a per shift basis.
- Ensure the fleet is commercially optimized in conjunction with Revenue Management (as applicable).
- Ensure efficient and effective processes and procedures are adapted and implemented.
- Maintain oversight of operational security ensuring risks to crew, customers and company assets are mitigated and addressed.
- Provide direction and instruction on resolving critical incidences/situations, operational activities, security-related activity, security breaches, and violations of rules and regulations.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Strong background and knowledge of various Operations Control Center positions such as Flight Operations, Crew Schedulng, Flight Dispatch.
- 2+ years’ experience of leading/coaching/developing large teams in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Knowledge of Part 135 regulations.
- Knowledge of weather theory charts, and reports in the Meteorological Aerodome Report (METAR) format including Terminal Area Forecast (TAF's) and Notice to Airmen (NOTAMs)
- Dispatch Experience - certificate preferred
- Pilot's license
- Exceptional customer service skills with advanced verbal and written communication skills; at ease with communicating at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to overcome obstacles, proactively manage expectations and relationships, provide innovative ideas, and solutions.
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- 401k program with company matching and no vesting period.
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance and Long/Short term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career progression
The affiliated operating partners of Vista are equal employment opportunity employers. The affiliated operating partners of Vista do not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. The affiliated operating partners of Vista also prohibit harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.