Textron Fleet Manager is available in Columbus, Ohio. The Textron Fleet Manager (TFM) provides Textron fleet technical expertise with an acute focus on fleet availability and dispatch reliability. The TFM is empowered with a broad scope of responsibility to work across Maintenance Operations as well as other company functions to develop optimum fleet performance.
The TFM develops and uses various forms of aircraft program analysis and performance data related to reliability, quality, service, and cost for fleet improvements. The TFM is responsible for establishing fleet goals, deliver on initiatives, influencing stakeholders to make targets and delivering industry leading fleet reliability and performance.
Jet Select is an affiliated operating partner of Vista in the US - the largest charter group in private aviation and the world’s first private aviation ecosystem, integrating a unique portfolio of companies offering asset-light solutions to cover all key aspects of business aviation.
Vista has a global reach with operational hubs across the globe and an expert workforce of over 4,000 aviation professionals. Vista's fast-paced growth and its relationship with the best partner operators open the door to lifelong career opportunities across the group - to create the best service in business aviation, in every region in the world.
The TFM will serve on the Technical Services Team as a fleet level leader for Textron aircraft and shall have the following responsibilities:
- Establish the position as the technical focal and subject expert for the aircraft Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for Maintenance Operations leaders and stakeholders.
- Monitor fleet performance, pilot feedback, reliability analysis and maintenance program changes. Drive immediate improvements into programs and lead continuous improvement initiatives to completion.
- Support and assist with SMS investigations and provide guidance to supporting interim and longer term technical or process corrective actions.
- Organize periodic fleet reviews, present fleet performance and program improvements.
- Develop and manage the life-cycle cost plan for the appropriate fleet of aircraft.
- Participate and be present in industry, manufacture, and fleet support providers forums.
- Seek new and newly developing maintenance, fleet management techniques and processes to improve performance and reduce costs.
- Serve as board member on the Technical Review Board and attend reliability meetings as required, promote, and engage in the sharing of data to benefit the industry.
- Be available and engaged in developing actions and advising in aircraft troubleshooting efforts, to include urgent in-flight events that require immediate attention and may occur during non-working hours.
- Assist internal and external stakeholders in researching documents, parts, tooling, and methods to repair the aircraft.
- Develop a databased, track aircraft troubleshooting events and findings for future reference and recommend adopting procedural improvements.
- Revise work orders, approve vendor generated discrepancy repairs, review quotes for accuracy and are in accordance with acceptable and approved FAA Federal Regulations, and under the GMM guidance for the appropriate Aircraft Operation Certificate.
- Ensure work orders and turnovers are complete and precise.
- Work with Engineering vendors to develop alternate means of compliance, coordinating with Maintenance Control and Quality Assurance to ensure repairs are expedited, accurate, and final documents have supporting documentation for the airworthiness and Return to Service and or Maintenance Release of the aircraft.
Required Experience, Qualifications, and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree aircraft engineering, aerospace engineering or equivalent industry experience.
- 5+ years managing Textron technical services and support.
- 3+ years of troubleshooting experience on Textron aircraft.
- 2+ years of selecting and developing technical support teams.
- 8+ years of managing technical services for Textron aircraft.
- 5+ years of Textron troubleshooting experience with the ability to train others.
- 5+ years of selecting and developing technical support teams.
- Airframe and Powerplant (A&P)
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- 401k program with company matching and no vesting period.
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance and Long/Short term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
The affiliated operating partners of Vista are equal employment opportunity employers. The affiliated operating partners of Vista do not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. The affiliated operating partners of Vista also prohibit harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.